Students who have passed the Second Year Pre-University course of Karnataka Government or any other equivalent examination are eligible for admission to I Year Degree.
Caste Certificate in the prescribed form duly signed by the Tahsildar shall be enclosed for claiming concessions and privileges.
Tuition and laboratory fees are exempted for students coming from economically backward community making education available to the deserving from all classes of community.
The students from the economically weaker sections are receiving scholarships through various organizations like
- Sanchi Honnamma Scholarship of Rs.2000/- per annum
- Sir C.V.Raman scholarship of Rs.5000/- per annum
- Central Government scholarship by Science and Technology Department of Rs.7500/- per annum
- Scholarships for Minority students of Rs.4000/- and as loan for Minority students of Rs.10000/-; they also get Rs.5000/- from Labors Welfare Department and Beedi labors’ children fund each as scholarships.
- Private enterprises like Jindal Company scholarships, Vidya Poshak scholarships are also given to the students.
- The Karkala Borkatte Gangamma Trust gives material scholarships to the students.
- The Karnataka Sports Department and University along with the College Development Council (CDC) Fund are providing scholarships and help students in their all-round development.
- The SC/ST and Category-I students are provided with scholarships.
- All other backward classes will be reimbursed with their examination fee.